Friday, May 18, 2007

Watching The Bridge

Last night I watched one of the best documentaries I have ever seen. "The Bridge" is about suicide and the people who jump off the Golden Gate Bridge. While I can't recommend it to everyone, look for it if you think you want a realistic look at suicide.

The film is interviews with people who were friends with people who jumped, people who witnessed and/ or stopped jumpers and people who survived jumping. It also has footage of the jumpers themselves on the bridge and jumping off. I went to the movie's website and read the director's statement. It described how they got the footage and when they would try to help.

That was the only question I had after watching, how could they keep filming.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

someone should make a documentary about the known suicide bridges in the US. I know they were just talking about what the city should do to keep people from jumping off the Aurora Bridge. Ideas included closing the bridge to pedestrian traffic.