Thursday, May 3, 2007

photos of New York windows and childhood memories

When phones started to come with cameras built in I felt like the future had arrived. Growing up I spent a great deal of time reading. Never one to go for reality I always liked stories of fantasy or science fiction. I began reading the Greek myths then moved on to "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings" . When I hit "Dune" and then went to see "Star Wars" there was no turning back. I would dream of the future and the cool gadgets that would come. Flying cars, lasers and communicators from "Star Trek" would float around in my head. I thought about being alive to see the year 2001 from "2001 A Space Odyssey". As I got older time hadn't caught up with my imagination like it was supposed too, but some cool items have arrived. One of those is the ability to have both video and still photos from my cell phone. Here are some photos I took last year in New York.

This was from a hallway in the MOMA. It was my first visit to the new facility. I had a good visit, but could have spent more time wandering. I did get to see a great exhibit on the DADA movement.

Its been a while so I 'm not sure where this was taken. I have for some time been fascinated with taking photo that include different angles and multiple views. If you look closely this one is like staring into a mirror that is reflecting another mirror. The windows just keep going into infinity.

No comments: