Thursday, April 24, 2008

Online gear shopping

Here is a list of some of my favorite places to shop for gear online.

Analogue Haven is a great site for new modular synths, boutique guitar pedals, and harder to find digital synths. They are very helpful by email and have a fast shipping. This is the site I hit first when looking for modular synth items that I can't buy directly from the synth maker.

Big City Music is another great place for modular and analog synths. They carry some pedals and synths that Analogue Haven doesn't so I usually check both depending on what I'm looking for.

Audio Midi is great for more mainstream gear and high end synth gear.

Sweetwater is where I go when I'm not shopping at Musicians Friend .

The Noiseguide has user reviews of almost every pedal known to man and a few only known to spacemen. They are also connected with Noise Fx for sales of new and used pedals. They have the line on several noise pedal/synth makers. They also have a great messageboard with discussions on gear.

Modular synth.com has links to many modular synth builders as well as some info on modular synths.

That should be enough to keep you busy for a while.

No comments: