Monday, April 7, 2008

Dinette

So on Friday after we went to see "Leatherheads", which was kinda disappointing to me, but not a total waste of time, my wife and I went to dinner at "Dinette" . We haven't been back there since we moved to West Seattle and I must say it is still as good as I remember.

The toast is amazing. I took a photo with my phone, but it looks terrible. We tried three of them. First the Crispy bacon, it comes with dates and blood orange mayonnaise. It is a great mix of the salty bacon and the sweetness of the dates an mayo. We also had the Herb Fritatta, an egg and herb fritatta cut into pasta-like strips combined with white truffle oil and lemon mayonnaise. We also had the special toast that was a tuna mixture that set my mouth crazy. From me I could go and just eat the toast, but we also had an entree.

The Gnocchi alla Romana For Two was wonderful. It wasn't gnocchi like I had ever had before, more like semolina squares, but it didn't matter. The veal bolognese perfectly complimented the dumplings. The dumplings a semolina and mozzarella exploded in my mouth with every bite.

For dessert we had the Banana upside down cake. Recently I can't get enough of cooked bananas. This was no exception. Like all the desserts on the menu, just great.

If you get a chance head to Dinette .

1 comment:

dr said...

I fully agree with my husband's great review. It made me hungry just reading it. It was a meal where every pary was something I would have never made at home and totally delicious. We'll be going back to Dinette again soon.