Monday, November 19, 2007

Movies this weekend

Went to see two great movies this weekend, "Gone Baby Gone" and "No Country for Old Men".

"Gone Baby Gone" is a story about a couple investigating the disappearance of a young girl in South Boston. It stars Casey Affleck, Ed Harris, and Morgan Freeman. We missed the first couple of minutes, and I was able to catch up quickly. Not having been Boston too many times, I don't know their accent well, so I don't know if everyone sounded correct. But I thought they did. I liked the interaction between Casey Affleck and Ed Harris. Michelle Monaghan was great as Casey's girlfriend/ partner. I also thought the feel of the neighborhood came across very well. Go see in the theater if you can.

"No Country for Old Men" is a thriller set in Texas. Its an adaptation of a book by Cormac McCarthy by the Coen Brothers. This movie was perfect. The scenery in Texas was impeccably filmed and the locations were just right. As most of the reviews I read for the film before seeing it, I thought the acting was amazing. Josh Brolin, Javier Bardem and Tommy Lee Jones were on fire. I could list all the actors, because I liked every one's performance in this movie, down to the extras in the background. See it in the theater for the complete immersion needed to experience this film.

No comments: