Monday, November 5, 2007

Hawaii


I felt after a week of relaxing in Hawaii I should post something about the vacation.


It was the first time my wife and I have been to Oahu. We went to Kauai for our honeymoon and also went to Maui with my side of the family to spread my grandparents ashes on the volcano. But other than landing at the Honolulu airport, we had not spent anytime on the island of Oahu.


A few observations:

If you have to be homeless, Hawaii is a decent location. In cities like Seattle, New York, Chicago, etc, it gets cold in the winter. We saw several tent cities on the beaches of Oahu, they seemed to be tolerated by the locals and they won't get cold. Not that I 'm saying being homeless is a good thing, but not as bad in a location like Oahu.

Even in Paradise the big city is busy. We stayed at our timeshare on the western side of the island most of the week. On the last day we stopped in Waikiki for a burger. It was insane, I couldn't see wanting to go there for vacation. It was like Los Angeles and Las Vegas combined. Too busy for me.

Teddy's Burgers are great. Hand formed and delicious.

Hot Tubs are cool, only when they are hot.

I like Sea Turtles.

I like the Poke Stop.

We had lots of fun in Hawaii. Now we have to wait 4 years until our turn with the time share comes up again.

No comments: