Friday, August 29, 2008

Bumber --- Shoot!!!

So over the last few days I have been thinking about how Bumbershoot has changed over the years. Not that change is bad, but one of the changes they have introduced, well suck.

Today is a Friday, in the days after they started to charge for the event ,Friday's were still free. Not any more, today is just set up for the weekend, starting tomorrow it is $40 per day to get in. With the schedule the way it works out, I can see maybe one band on each day I want to see, none of which I want to pay $40 to see. When I was younger, the festival was free. I could check out art, music and performance that I might not otherwise view, all for free. Even in the years after they started to charge $5 to $10 to see multiple bands was still a good deal. The problem was during those years I was working for bands that played so I got to go for free then as well.

Fast forward to now, all the bands I might want to see are playing around the same time, and I could see any of them for less than $40 at a club without all of Seattle milling around when I'm trying to get in.

Well if you decide to go this weekend, go see Battles. They will be worth it.

No comments: