Monday, July 21, 2008

the dark knight

So we went to the new AMC theaters in Southcenter. I have to say it was very cool. We went to an early show, to avoid the crowds and it worked, but even crowded those theaters are plush enough that it would be ok. The seats are almost like flying first class. Lots of room, moving armrests, it was plush.

The movie on the other hand, was not all it could have been. I thought they might have shortened it some, maybe cut some of the storyline and it would have been better. Heath Ledger's performance was great, possibly better than great (I can't think of a word), I'm still kinda in awe a day later. I liked Aaron Eckart, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Morgan Freeman as well. Christian Bale was good, not as good as the last movie, but better than any of the other Batmen. The movie was just too long.

My advice is to wait until video if you haven't seen it, or go at matinee times at least.

No comments: