Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Heavy Metal

The other day I was reading a post on The Stranger's Line Out by Trent Moorman. It was a tongue and cheek piece about seven string guitars. It reminded me how much I love extreme metal. I know most of the time it is hard to understand, filled with violent imagery and fast chord changes, but I still like it when I need to tune out the world. Not all the time, but sometimes.

This Thursday one of my favorite metal bands, High on Fire is playing at the Crocodile . Matt Pike is an amazing metal guitar player. He comes out with his shirt off (very metal) and tears the house down. I hear now he plays a 9 string guitar. His amp set up is huge as well. Check them out if you get a chance.

In other metal news Paul Raven of Killing Joke, Prong and Ministry fame was found dead a few days ago. He will be missed.

No comments: