Wednesday, October 1, 2008

How to stay out of the fetal position

So I remember the first time I heard about Thomas Friedman. My father had just read ,"The Lexus and the Olive Tree', Friedman's book on globalization, which he thought was a very important book to come out that year. He explained Friedman's ideas over thanksgiving day appetizers and I cataloged it in my head with all the other books he told me to read, most of which I haven't. At the time I was working with metal bands and didn't have time to think about the rest of the world. Fast forward to now and I still haven't read any of his books, his views on the world are still important and I do read him sometimes in the New York Times.

Today I did read what Thomas Friedman had to say about the bailout in this op-ed piece . I agree that, "The story cannot end here. If it does, assume the fetal position.".

No comments: