Thursday, May 21, 2009

Glee

So the other night we watched the pilot for "Glee" a new show on Fox. I could do a total breakdown of all the TV shows and movies it borrowed from, but I won't. Comparison will only sully what I think will be a very enjoyable, funny, and upbeat show in the fall, unless some bottom feeding TV exec decide to cancel before it has a chance. My wife was not totally happy with the lip sync performances, but getting a cast to actually sing the harmonies might be too much to ask. One cast member I love is Jane Lynch (40 year Old Virgin, Best in Show, Party Down) is hilarious as the drill sergeant-like cheerleading coach who schools the new Glee coach about the high school caste system (Glee club is in the sub-basement).

If you missed it the other night it can be seen for a couple more weeks on Hulu. Check it out. It is worth it just for the Journey cover as well as a cover of Amy Winehouse.

No comments: